We are providing professional legal services in the field of data protection as advisers, data protection officers, and EU representatives.
If your company has customers in the EU, but you do not have an office in the EU, then you will need an EU Representative according to GDPR, unless you are processing personal data occasionally, and is unlikely to result a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
What is an EU Representative?
An EU Representative is a person or company, who represents the company in EU towards the supervisory authorities and data subjects, on all issues related to data processing.
Who can I choose?
The representative shall be established in one of the Member States where the data subjects, whose personal data are processed in relation to the offering of goods or services, are. The representative is not required to be a legal professional, however in a communication with authorities or data subjects it could be an advantage.
What are the tasks of the EU representative?
- Represent the non- Eu company before the supervisory authorities;
- Communicate with the data subjects;
- Maintain records of processing activities according to article 30 of the GDPR;
- Notify the non- EU company about the recent changes in EU data protection rules.
What are your tasks after appointing an EU representative?
• Indicate the name and contact details of the EU-representative in your privacy notice;
• Notify the EU-representative in case of any change in record of processing and/or data processing activities.
If you have further questions feel free to contact us:
Erika Tihanyi LLM
DHG LAW FIRM
Tel./Fax: +36 1 301 04 06
Mobil: +36 30 698 87 55